Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Nick Barr came to WAMC Northeast Public Radio in January 2001. He is an experienced broadcaster, having done a bluegrass show on several commercial country stations in the Capital District prior to coming to WAMC. His knowledge of bluegrass music is well respected in the industry.
Nick is active in many capacities in the bluegrass music world. He plays all the standard bluegrass music instruments: banjo, bass, fiddle, guitar, mandolin and resonator guitar (Dobro). He sings lead and harmony vocals. Over the years, he has been a member of a number of different groups and has filled in with bands numerous times. He also can be found acting as a Master of Ceremonies and/or stage manager at bluegrass festivals and other events throughout the country.
Nick is a lifetime member of the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) and the International Bluegrass Music Museum (IBBM) and is active in both. He is a member of the Country Music Association (CMA) and The Recording Academy (Grammies) and belongs to several regional music associations. He is an Honorary Member of the New York State Country Music Hall of Fame and was twice named "Country DJ of the Year" by the North East Country Music Association (NECMA). He was named “Bluegrass DJ of the Month” by Bluegrass Now magazine in February 2006. He was a member of the IBMA’s Leadership Bluegrass Class of 2006.