Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
WXXI-AM: Julie Philipp
NYS Emmy-nominated journalist Julie Philipp has been News Director for WXXI’s Center for Public Affairs since 2008, overseeing radio, television, and online news.
Prior to that, she served as WXXI Television News Director. She first came to WXXI in 1989 as a radio journalist, earning top honors in the New York State Broadcasters Association’s General Excellence in Individual Reporting and Enterprise Reporting award categories. She also served as interim Capitol Bureau Correspondent for New York State Public Radio, reporting statewide from Albany. While taking some time to raise her family on a small farm near Rochester, Julie was a freelance writer for news and general interest publications.
She hosts WXXI’s weekly television news magazine Need to Know Rochester. She also contributes to PBS and NPR news programs, and has produced and moderated many local and statewide Voice of the Voter political debates and forums.