Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
Mon July 9, 2012
1-Year-Old South Sudan: Potential To Be Harnessed
Originally published on Mon July 9, 2012 12:04 pm
Much fanfare followed South Sudan's independence one year ago. But challenges were also exposed, like how to manage oil revenue and build roads, homes and schools. Guest host Maria Hinojosa learns how the world's youngest country has been doing this year. She speaks with NPR's Ofeibea Quist-Arcton and Juba-based radio host Mading Ngor.