Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Thu August 22, 2013
150 Years Of Racing In Saratoga
Since the inaugural meeting was held in August 1863, Saratoga Springs has been the scene of memorable horse races, often featuring legends of the sport. Although some of the epic moments are still familiar today, many of the triumphs and defeats that were once famous have been forgotten.
In their new book, 150 Years of Racing in Saratoga: Little-Known Stories and Facts from America's Most Historic Racing City, Allan Carter and Mike Kane take a look back at important but neglected stories and present statistics from the pre-NYRA years and a rundown of the greatest fields assembled at America's oldest track.
WAMC New York News