Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Arts & Culture
Fri January 11, 2013
2 actors, 7 books, 70 minutes: Potted Potter in the GE Theatre at Proctors
In June of 1997, the first of J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter” books was published in the UK. The scarred and bespectacled boy wizard’s popularity is virtually immeasurable and his adventures fill the pages of 7 total books - which have been the basis for 8 feature length films. As with anything – if there is anything – as popular as Harry Potter, the creativity doesn’t stop there – or even with officially sanctioned theme parks. Fans of the world Rowling created continue to retell and re-imagine the stories through fan-fiction, music, and theater.
In Potted Potter, two actors, Daniel Clarkson and Jeff Turner, comically and energetically deliver Harry Potter’s story on stage in 70 minutes. 7 books in 70 minutes. In their production – which was nominated for an Olivier award in London and has toured globally – Jeff Turner plays Harry, and Daniel Clarkson plays everyone else.
The show will be in the GE Theatre at Proctors in Schenectady, NY next week. Here we speak with Daniel Clarkson – co-star and creator of Potted Potter.