Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed September 12, 2012
2 Medical Pot Dispensaries Conditionally Approved
Proposals for the first two medical marijuana dispensaries in Vermont have won conditional approval from the Vermont Department of Public Safety.
The facilities are planned for Burlington and Waterbury.
The state last year passed a law that authorizes up to four privately run dispensaries to provide marijuana for patients with chronic illness or intractable pain.
The department said Wednesday that when each dispensary satisfies the stipulations in the statute, they will be issued a certificate of operation.
They are expected to open within six months of approval.
Other applications are currently being reviewed. The deadline to apply to run a dispensary was in June.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.