Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Wed March 5, 2014
2 Parades Set For Adirondack Winter Olympians
Two parades are scheduled later this month in the Adirondacks to honor the region's athletes who competed at the Winter Olympics in Russia, including medal winners Andrew Weibrecht and Erin Hamlin.
The Olympic Regional Development Authority says a parade will be held March 16 in the village of Lake Placid. In addition to Hamlin of Remsen and Weibrecht of Lake Placid, bobsled bronze medalists Steve Holcomb and Steve Langton are expected to be in the parade, along with other members of Team USA that competed in the Sochi Games.
Another parade is scheduled for March 26 in the nearby village of Saranac Lake. ORDA says at least five of the nine local Olympians are expected to participate, including Bill Demong of Vermontville, a five-time Olympian in nordic combined.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.