Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Wed January 9, 2013
2 Rifles Seized From CVU Parking Lot
Two rifles and ammunition have been seized from vehicles at the Champlain Valley Union High School in Hinesburg but the principal says the guns were used for hunting and he doesn't believe the students intended to harm anyone.
The school policy prohibits having firearms on school grounds.
On Wednesday, the principal sent a letter to parents to let them know that several cars in the parking lot were searched and two rifles and ammunition were seized.
Principal Sean McMannon wrote that the incident was unsettling following the mass shooting at a Connecticut school but says he is pleased that people came forward with the tip and says he's confident that the school's procedures worked and there is no threat to the school community.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.