Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed September 19, 2012
2012 Adirondack Balloon Festival
The 40th annual Adirondack Balloon Festival kicks off Thursday and runs through Sunday. At the event’s opening ceremonies at 5 p.m. Thursday in Crandall Park in Glens Falls, the 40th anniversary will be celebrated with the launch of a special shape birthday cake balloon.
There are 104 balloons coming to this year’s festival, including 13 special shape balloons. That’s the largest number of special shape balloons that have ever been involved in the festival.
There will also be two “Moonglow” events, one on Friday in Battlefield Park in Lake George and one Saturday at Warren County airport in Queensbury, where most of the festival takes place. For a preview, we welcome Mark Donahue, Pesident of the festival’s board of directors.
Arts & Culture