Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed September 19, 2012
2012 Adirondack Balloon Festival
The 40th annual Adirondack Balloon Festival kicks off Thursday and runs through Sunday. At the event’s opening ceremonies at 5 p.m. Thursday in Crandall Park in Glens Falls, the 40th anniversary will be celebrated with the launch of a special shape birthday cake balloon.
There are 104 balloons coming to this year’s festival, including 13 special shape balloons. That’s the largest number of special shape balloons that have ever been involved in the festival.
There will also be two “Moonglow” events, one on Friday in Battlefield Park in Lake George and one Saturday at Warren County airport in Queensbury, where most of the festival takes place. For a preview, we welcome Mark Donahue, Pesident of the festival’s board of directors.
Arts & Culture