Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Tue April 22, 2014
21st District Republican Rivals Trade Barbs
A Republican candidate in New York’s 21st Congressional district race may file suit against petitions filed by another Republican.
The campaign of Republican Elise Stefanik issued a statement Tuesday afternoon blasting the petitions submitted to the NYS Board of Elections by rival Republican Matt Doheny’s campaign. Stefanik’s camp has filed objections to Doheny’s Conservative and Independence Party primary ballot petitions saying the number of signatures were inflated to gain access to the ballot lines. Stefanik campaign attorney James Walsh writes that the campaign may seek a court review of the petitions.
The Doheny campaign retorted that they are confident their petitions will withstand any legal challenge and sad that the Stefanik campaign was so desperate.