Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu February 21, 2013
22nd Annual New York in Bloom fundraiser at The New York State Museum
The 22nd Annual New York in Bloom takes place this weekend at The New York State Museum in Albany, New York. The event is a fundraiser benefiting the Museum’s educational programs for children.
Garden club members, professional designers, interior designers and floral enthusiasts from the Capital District and beyond will create unique floral arrangements that complement and interpret the Museum’s permanent and temporary exhibitions.
It will bring a splash of Spring color to what looks to be a chilly, February weekend.
Visitors can view several demonstrations on Saturday and Sunday about gardening, design and creating floral arrangements. There will also be free children’s art activities on Friday at 11 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2 p.m. A flower market will be open in the lobby area on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., while supplies last.
Mark Schaming, Director of the New York State Museum, joins us to tell us more.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture