Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Tue November 8, 2005
$2.3 Million Arsenic Cleanup
By Deborah Runcie
Fishkill, NY – The state Department of Environmental Conservation has come up with a 2.3 million dollar clean-up plan to address arsenic and other pollutants generated at a former wood treatment facility in Dutchess County, New York.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has a report on what the clean-up will entail, as well as who will cover the cost of it.