Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Fri December 28, 2012
2nd Bennington Firefighter Faces Assault Charges
A second member of a Vermont fire department is facing sexual assault charges involving a teenage girl.
Twenty-one-year-old Zachary Spaulding, of Bennington, was arraigned on two felony and one misdemeanor charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
He is the second member of the Bennington Rural Fire Department who has been charged.
Fire Capt. Bryan Watson of Bennington was charged two weeks ago with having sexual contact with the girl when she was 13.
According to a police affidavit cited by the Rutland Herald, both men have denied having inappropriate contact with the girl.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.