Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Fri December 28, 2012
2nd Bennington Firefighter Faces Assault Charges
A second member of a Vermont fire department is facing sexual assault charges involving a teenage girl.
Twenty-one-year-old Zachary Spaulding, of Bennington, was arraigned on two felony and one misdemeanor charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
He is the second member of the Bennington Rural Fire Department who has been charged.
Fire Capt. Bryan Watson of Bennington was charged two weeks ago with having sexual contact with the girl when she was 13.
According to a police affidavit cited by the Rutland Herald, both men have denied having inappropriate contact with the girl.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.