Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Wed April 10, 2013
3 GOP US Senate hopefuls squaring off in debate
The three Republican candidates for U.S. Senate are preparing to square off in a televised debate.
Michael Sullivan, Gabriel Gomez and Daniel Winslow are expected to participate in the debate sponsored by WBZ-TV and the Boston Globe. The debate is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
The three are competing in the April 30 primary.
Whoever attracts the most votes will face the winner of the Democratic primary pitting Congressmen Edward Markey and Stephen Lynch against each other.
Wednesday is also the last day to register to vote for those who haven't registered or who want to change their party affiliation.
Residents will be able to register in most cities and towns from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. In towns with fewer than 1,500 voters, registration must be open at least from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.