Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Sun October 7, 2012
3 MA Community Colleges to Receive Grants
Governor Deval Patrick's administration is set to present grants worth a total of $700,000 to three Massachusetts community colleges to invest in clean energy projects on their campuses.
The Bristol Community College, Middlesex Community College and Quinsigamond Community College will receive the grants during a ceremony scheduled for Tuesday.
State Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Rick Sullivan, Department of Energy Resources Commissioner Mark Sylvia and Fall River Mayor William Flanagan are set to attend the ceremony. Others expected to show up include Bristol Community College President John Sbrega and local lawmakers who have been invited to attend.
The state is awarding the grants through the Department of Energy Resources Leading by Example program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press