Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Thu February 21, 2013
3 Vermont Lawmakers Chosen for UVM Board
Vermont lawmakers have elected three of their own to seats on the University of Vermont Board of Trustees, excluding the only non-legislator candidate.
Democratic Representatives Sarah Buxton of Tunbridge, Jeff Wilson of Manchester and Anne O'Brien of Richmond will fill what were three open seats on the UVM Board of Trustees.
Finishing fourth in the race for the three seats was Patricia Moulton-Powden, who has held several senior positions in state government, most recently as deputy secretary of the Agency of Commerce and Community Development.
The voting came the same day that Francis Brooks ran unopposed for another term as Statehouse sergeant-at-arms and Vermont Air National Guard Brigadier Gen. Steven Cray won election as the state's next adjutant general.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New England News