Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Thu February 21, 2013
3 Vermont Lawmakers Chosen for UVM Board
Vermont lawmakers have elected three of their own to seats on the University of Vermont Board of Trustees, excluding the only non-legislator candidate.
Democratic Representatives Sarah Buxton of Tunbridge, Jeff Wilson of Manchester and Anne O'Brien of Richmond will fill what were three open seats on the UVM Board of Trustees.
Finishing fourth in the race for the three seats was Patricia Moulton-Powden, who has held several senior positions in state government, most recently as deputy secretary of the Agency of Commerce and Community Development.
The voting came the same day that Francis Brooks ran unopposed for another term as Statehouse sergeant-at-arms and Vermont Air National Guard Brigadier Gen. Steven Cray won election as the state's next adjutant general.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New England News