Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Capital Region News
Fri April 19, 2013
3-Year Old Killed By TV
TROY, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old upstate New York girl has died from injuries suffered when a television fell on her. Troy police say emergency crews were called to a home in the city around 7:30 Thursday evening after an older model TV fell off its stand and landed on the child. Alyssa Willett was taken to Albany Medical Center Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say Alyssa was alone in the room when the TV tipped off an entertainment center and crushed her. Officials say people were in other rooms at the time. Police don't expect to file charges in the girl's death, which remains under investigation.
© 2013 AP