Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Capital Region News
Fri April 19, 2013
3-Year Old Killed By TV
TROY, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old upstate New York girl has died from injuries suffered when a television fell on her. Troy police say emergency crews were called to a home in the city around 7:30 Thursday evening after an older model TV fell off its stand and landed on the child. Alyssa Willett was taken to Albany Medical Center Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police say Alyssa was alone in the room when the TV tipped off an entertainment center and crushed her. Officials say people were in other rooms at the time. Police don't expect to file charges in the girl's death, which remains under investigation.
© 2013 AP