Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu March 28, 2013
3rd Annual Capital Region CANstruction at The NYS Museum - "CAN You Imagine?"
This year is the third annual Capital Region CANstruction event and involves 10 teams challenged with building structures that would fit the Capital Region Canstruction 2013 theme of “Can You Imagine?”
Crews gathered on Tuesday night at the New York State Museum in Albany to build their structures (like Einstein, the Emerald City (complete with Tornado,) a Very Hungry Caterpillar, and many more) out of over 45,000 canned goods in total and all that food going to the Food Pantries of the Capital Region. The exhibit opens today and runs through April 11th.
To tell us more, we welcome: Sara Stein – Sara is an architect at EYP Architecture and Engineering and is currently the President of the Board for Capital Region Canstruction and was one of the founding members of Canstruction in the Capital Region; Natasha Pernicka - Executive Director of the Food Pantries for The Capital District; Marggie Skinner also joins us. She is President of the Board of the Food Pantries for The Capital District; and Director of Cathedral Social Services, Sister Margaret Mary.
Arts & Culture