Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New England News
Mon June 24, 2013
$4 Million Rail Trail Rehabilitation Begins
The top environmental and transportation officials in Massachusetts will be in Northampton Monday to announce the reconstruction of a popular recreation trail.
The 11 mile long Norwottuck Rail Trail linking Northampton and Amherst was built 20 years ago. Improvements, such as widening the trail and smoothing the surface are long overdue, according to Craig Della Penna of Northeast Greenway Solutions, a rail trail development consultant.
The $4 million dollar reconstruction project will be done in phases so parts of the trail will remain open.