Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon June 24, 2013
$4 Million Rail Trail Rehabilitation Begins
The top environmental and transportation officials in Massachusetts will be in Northampton Monday to announce the reconstruction of a popular recreation trail.
The 11 mile long Norwottuck Rail Trail linking Northampton and Amherst was built 20 years ago. Improvements, such as widening the trail and smoothing the surface are long overdue, according to Craig Della Penna of Northeast Greenway Solutions, a rail trail development consultant.
The $4 million dollar reconstruction project will be done in phases so parts of the trail will remain open.