Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon June 24, 2013
$4 Million Rail Trail Rehabilitation Begins
The top environmental and transportation officials in Massachusetts will be in Northampton Monday to announce the reconstruction of a popular recreation trail.
The 11 mile long Norwottuck Rail Trail linking Northampton and Amherst was built 20 years ago. Improvements, such as widening the trail and smoothing the surface are long overdue, according to Craig Della Penna of Northeast Greenway Solutions, a rail trail development consultant.
The $4 million dollar reconstruction project will be done in phases so parts of the trail will remain open.