Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
51 % The Women's Perspective
Thu January 12, 2006
51% # 861
Albany, NY – As Senators decide wether Samuel Alito will be the next US
Supreme Court justice, women's groups on both the left and
the right are working hard to influence the opinions of the Senate
and the public.
Julie Donnelly reports from Washington.
Asra Nomani is a Wall Street Journal correspondent and has
written about women in Islam for the Washington Post. She
has covered the war in Afghanistan for Salon, and is the author
of, Standing Alone: An American Woman's Struggle for the soul
of Islam. She spoke with 51%'s Jim Horne.
The Mayo Clinic's Dr. Lynn Shuster returns with
tips on how to plan for a healthy new year.