Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
51 % The Women's Perspective
Thu February 9, 2006
Albany, NY –
On this week's program:
It can happen anytime within the first year of childbirth. It can bring sadness,
lack of energy, guilt, anxiety, sleeplessness , a lack of interest in the baby, fear
and a host of other symptoms.
According to The American Psychiatric Association, about 1 in 10 new mothers
experience some form of postpartum depression. Actress Brooke Shields was
one of those mothers. Shields has made her story public in an effort to help
other women. She spoke with 51%'s Joe Donahue about her experience...
( 10:31 )
Women who are past their child bearing years may be experiencing
symptoms associated with menopause. Dr. Lynn Shuster is the editor of the
Mayo Clinic Women's Health letter, and she joins us with advice
for dealing with those symptoms ...
( 11:38 )