Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
51 % The Women's Perspective
Thu July 28, 2011
51% Show # 1150
Albany, NY – Olympic wrestling - do those words conjure up a picture of female athletes? There are a group of determined women who believe they do. They're struggling against not just gender bias, but religious taboos they're the Turkish wrestling team and their sport outrages many in their Islamist country. 51%'s Bijoyeta Das reports from Turkey.
4:24 Turkish Wrestlers Das
When Adolph Hitler was still an unknown name outside of Germany, it was a female journalist and writer who tried to warn the world about the threat he posed. Gilles Malkine profiles Dorothy Thompson and explains why he thinks her writings are more relevant than ever.
7:24 Dorothy Thompson Malkine
Gilles Malkine is a writer and musician. He lives in New York's Catskill Mountains.
Colleges across the country are looking for more sustainable energy sources. In Florida, Miami University relies on its coal plant and it wants to change that. The question is - what will replace it? Miami U student Annie Srsen has more on a student group called Beyond Coal and the school's efforts to plan for the future.
3:20 Miami U coal PRX
And finally, personal finance expert Manisha Thakor explains why bonds may be a good investment, but they're not risk free.
4:38 Are My Bonds Safe Thakor
Manisha Thakor is the founder of the Women's Financial Literacy Institute. Find out more at manishathakor.com.