Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Thu September 6, 2012
6 arrested in 2010 drug killing in mid-Hudson Valley
Six men have been accused in a drug killing that could get them sentenced to death. More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas…
The U.S. attorney's office says federal, state and local agents rounded up the defendants on Wednesday after their indictment was unsealed. Three are 19 and three are in their 20s.
They're charged in the 2010 shooting death of Jeffrey Henry in Newburgh. Officials say the shooting came as the defendants were robbing drug dealers.
FBI official Mary Galligan says the arrests show how guns make the drug business lethal. State police Superintendent Joseph D'Amico is praising the multiagency Hudson Valley Safe Streets Task Force.
Officials said the maximum penalty for the conspiracy, drug and weapons charges the defendants face is life in prison or death.
©2012 Associated Press