Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Thu September 6, 2012
6 Hudson Valley Hospitals To Form Alliance
Three Hudson Valley hospital groups are forming an alliance they say will enhance services, save money, and benefit the public... Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports.
Bon Secours Charity Health System, St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital and St. Francis Hospital and Health Centers are joining forces under the moniker Hudson Health Partners LLC. The alliance entails bringing six facilities in three Hudson Valley counties together to pursue collaborations. Larry Hughes is spokesman for Poughkeepsie-based St. Francis Hospital and Health Centers.
Hughes says the alliance expects there will be savings in purchasing insurance and supplies, as well as clinical collaboration.
Hughes emphasizes each hospital will remain independent and responsible for its own assets – he points out there will be no "central command" or "headquarters" for the partnership - which will enjoy many unique advantages.
Calls to St. Luke's were not returned in time for broadcast.
Deborah Marshall, vice president and spokeswoman for Bon Secours, tells local media that the partners will formally announce the alliance next wednesday in Rockland County at Suffern Medical Pavilion Lobby.