Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Tue April 8, 2003
72 Hour Reprieve In Refugee Housing Debate
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Clinton County Health Department backed off on a demand that the local Salvation Army apply for special permits to house transient refugees. The permit debate is occurring at a time when the Salvation Army is anticipating a large influx of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.