Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue April 8, 2003
72 Hour Reprieve In Refugee Housing Debate
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Clinton County Health Department backed off on a demand that the local Salvation Army apply for special permits to house transient refugees. The permit debate is occurring at a time when the Salvation Army is anticipating a large influx of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.