Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New York News
Tue April 8, 2003
72 Hour Reprieve In Refugee Housing Debate
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Clinton County Health Department backed off on a demand that the local Salvation Army apply for special permits to house transient refugees. The permit debate is occurring at a time when the Salvation Army is anticipating a large influx of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.