Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue April 8, 2003
72 Hour Reprieve In Refugee Housing Debate
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Clinton County Health Department backed off on a demand that the local Salvation Army apply for special permits to house transient refugees. The permit debate is occurring at a time when the Salvation Army is anticipating a large influx of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.