Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon November 5, 2012
73 percent Voter Turnout Predicted In Massachusetts
The top election official in Massachusetts predicts voter turnout Tuesday will match what it was four years ago. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Secretary of State William Galvin expects 3.1 million of the state’s roughly 4.2 million registered voters, 73 percent, will go to the polls. He said the closeness of the presidential race nationally and tight contest for US Senate in Massachusetts will compensate for the lack of euphoria that drove the vote in 2008… Massachusetts Democrats have cranked up a big get out the vote effort, according to party vice chair Ray Jordan.
A spokesman for the Massachusetts Republican Party said is assembled the largest volunteer field operation in its history.