Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Mon October 15, 2012
9/11 Victims' Families to Watch Hearings in Cuba
A military installation in Brooklyn is welcoming families of 9/11 victims this week — to watch pretrial hearings in Cuba for five men charged in the terrorist attacks.
The sessions in Guantanamo Bay are closed to the public. But relatives who register can see them on closed-circuit television at Fort Hamilton, a U.S. Army base. Another space there is reserved for first responders.
The military commission hearings will also be shown at forts in New Jersey, Massachusetts and Maryland.
The suspects include the self-professed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.
The men are expected to appear at the hearings, which are scheduled from Monday through Friday.
The actual military tribunal will not start till sometime next year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press