Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Wed August 15, 2012
AARP Holding Voter Meetings on Social Security and Medicare
The AARP is holding a series of forums across the region to collect voter input on federal policies affecting Social Security and Medicare.
The AARP has started its “You’ve Earned A Say” campaign, holding forums, town halls, webcasts and meetings to get people to discuss Social Security and Medicare. Launched in March, the AARP will soon hold a series of meetings in New York and Vermont. AARP Senior Vice President for Campaigns John Hishta.
New York State AARP Executive Council and National Policy Council member Neil Lane says people want Social Security and Medicare to remain sustainable.
John Hishta says they are providing non-partisan voter information at the forums.
AARP forums are planned in Plattsburgh, Saratoga, Albany, central and western NY in September and October. Additional meetings will be scheduled in Vermont and New England throughout the fall.