Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
New England News
Wed August 15, 2012
AARP Plans Meetings on Social Security and Medicare
The AARP is holding a series of “You’ve Earned A Say” forums across the region to collect voter input on federal policies affecting Social Security and Medicare.
The AARP has started its “You’ve Earned A Say” campaign, holding forums, town halls, webcasts and meetings to get people to discuss Social Security and Medicare. Launched in March, the AARP will soon hold a series of meetings in New York and Vermont. New York State AARP Executive Council and National Policy Council member Neil Lane says non-partisan voter information will be provided at the forums.
Meetings will be scheduled in eastern NY, Vermont and New England throughout the fall.