Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
North Country News
Thu September 26, 2013
Abuse Prevention Recommendations Issued
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin on Thursday released the recommendations of the Task Force on the Prevention of Domestic and Sexual Violence.
The Task Force was created in 2011 to evaluate the state’s existing public and private programs addressing domestic and sexual violence, identify gaps and recommend ways to increase coordination between agencies and groups to strengthen prevention efforts.
The report’s seven recommendations include implementation of a statewide prevention plan, increased engagement of men in prevention efforts and strengthening colleges’ response to abuse and violence.