Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Thu September 26, 2013
Abuse Prevention Recommendations Issued
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin on Thursday released the recommendations of the Task Force on the Prevention of Domestic and Sexual Violence.
The Task Force was created in 2011 to evaluate the state’s existing public and private programs addressing domestic and sexual violence, identify gaps and recommend ways to increase coordination between agencies and groups to strengthen prevention efforts.
The report’s seven recommendations include implementation of a statewide prevention plan, increased engagement of men in prevention efforts and strengthening colleges’ response to abuse and violence.