Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue February 22, 2005
"Academic Bill of Rights" for SUNY System Debated
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – A SUNY trustee is proposing that the board adopt an "Academic Bill of Rights" for the state-wide college system. Conceived by a national coalition, the idea is to maintain intellectual diversity on college campuses. But critics say it does the opposite and is politically motivated. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.