Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Wed March 14, 2007
Academic Department Limits Use of Wikipedia
By Pat Bradley
Middlebury, VT – At the beginning of this semester, one academic department at a college in the region instituted a policy that had some students up in arms and made international news. The History Department at Middlebury College told their students that the on-line encyclopedia Wikipedia could not be cited as an authoritative source in their research papers. While the initial reaction to the policy has diminished, the discussion continues. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.