Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu June 19, 2003
Act 60 Revisions Signed
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The latest effort to reform the way Vermont pays for schools has been signed into law. The replacement for Act 60 is a new system that taxes residential homes at rates different from businesses and other properties. And it doesn't end the debate over the state's method of funding education. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.