Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu June 19, 2003
Act 60 Revisions Signed
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The latest effort to reform the way Vermont pays for schools has been signed into law. The replacement for Act 60 is a new system that taxes residential homes at rates different from businesses and other properties. And it doesn't end the debate over the state's method of funding education. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.