Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Thu November 7, 2013
Activist Fluke To Headline Regional Planned Parenthood Celebration
In February of last year, Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke testified before Congress regarding religious exemptions to the birth control coverage in the Affordable Care Act.
Within days she was vilified by talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who later apologized for his comments .
Sandra Fluke will be in Glenville this evening as the featured speaker at Planned Parenthood Mohawk-Hudson's annual celebration. She says her speech will focus on how states like New York can lead the rest of the nation on several issues.
North Country News