Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Thu November 7, 2013
Activist Fluke To Headline Regional Planned Parenthood Celebration
In February of last year, Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke testified before Congress regarding religious exemptions to the birth control coverage in the Affordable Care Act.
Within days she was vilified by talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who later apologized for his comments .
Sandra Fluke will be in Glenville this evening as the featured speaker at Planned Parenthood Mohawk-Hudson's annual celebration. She says her speech will focus on how states like New York can lead the rest of the nation on several issues.
North Country News