Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 27, 2003
Actor Supports NY Stem Cell Research
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – New York may become the second state in the U.S. to allow stem cell research and therapeutic cloning , which the federal
government has refused to allow. The bill, which recently passed one house of the legislature, is controversial but it also has the support of a well-known actor. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.