Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Mon September 24, 2012
Ad Attacks Warren Over Native American Heritage Claim
The campaign for the US Senate in Massachusetts has taken a negative turn. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
With several recent polls showing Democrat Elizabeth Warren pulling slightly ahead in the race, Republican Senator Scott Brown’s campaign began airing a new ad Monday on an old controversy…Warren’s undocumented claims of Native American heritage in some professional listings. The ad uses a montage of TV news reports from last Spring when the controversy first surfaced. Brown hammered Warren about it during their first televised debate last week. He says it raises doubts about her credibility. Warren Monday was endorsed by the state’s senior Senator, John Kerry, who warned if Brown is re-elected it could mean a Republican majority in the US Senate and a Tea Party agenda..