Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon September 24, 2012
Ad Attacks Warren Over Native American Heritage Claim
The campaign for the US Senate in Massachusetts has taken a negative turn. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
With several recent polls showing Democrat Elizabeth Warren pulling slightly ahead in the race, Republican Senator Scott Brown’s campaign began airing a new ad Monday on an old controversy…Warren’s undocumented claims of Native American heritage in some professional listings. The ad uses a montage of TV news reports from last Spring when the controversy first surfaced. Brown hammered Warren about it during their first televised debate last week. He says it raises doubts about her credibility. Warren Monday was endorsed by the state’s senior Senator, John Kerry, who warned if Brown is re-elected it could mean a Republican majority in the US Senate and a Tea Party agenda..