Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon September 24, 2012
Ad Attacks Warren Over Native American Heritage Claim
The campaign for the US Senate in Massachusetts has taken a negative turn. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
With several recent polls showing Democrat Elizabeth Warren pulling slightly ahead in the race, Republican Senator Scott Brown’s campaign began airing a new ad Monday on an old controversy…Warren’s undocumented claims of Native American heritage in some professional listings. The ad uses a montage of TV news reports from last Spring when the controversy first surfaced. Brown hammered Warren about it during their first televised debate last week. He says it raises doubts about her credibility. Warren Monday was endorsed by the state’s senior Senator, John Kerry, who warned if Brown is re-elected it could mean a Republican majority in the US Senate and a Tea Party agenda..