Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Sun April 14, 2013
Additional Green Communities To Be Designated In Massachusetts
Grants will be awarded to seven Massachusetts communities on Tuesday to fund municipal clean energy projects.
The Massachusetts Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs said 110 cities and towns have now qualified for the Green Communities Designation and Grant Program since it was created in 2008. The state’s energy secretary, Rick Sullivan said the various projects the program has paid for will help the state achieve ambitious goals.
Communities must meet five clean energy benchmarks to qualify for the grant program.