Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
Mon October 29, 2012
Adirondack County Declares State of Emergency
In Northern NY, the chair of the Essex County Board of Supervisor’s declared a State of Emergency in that county as of 9 am this morning. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley talks with Supervisor Randy Douglas about the move in advance of Hurricane Sandy.
Essex County is still recovering from Tropical Storm Irene, which devastated the rural area only 14 months ago. County Supervisor Chair Randy Douglas says he made the declaration after talking with the Governor and the emergency services director.
Douglas and Essex County officials met with Governor Cuomo, Congressman Owens, and National Guard officials on Sunday to discuss Hurricane preparation plans.