Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 23, 2006
Adirondack Land Deal to Preserve Forest Lands and Lake Shoreline
By Pat Bradley
Keene Valley, NY – New York State is preserving nearly two-thousand acres of wilderness in the northwestern Adirondacks, including more than four miles of undeveloped shoreline on a lake popular with canoeists and campers. Land preservationists say this small parcel is a critical piece linking protected wilderness areas and waterways. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.