Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu August 18, 2005
Adirondack Land Reclassification May Allow Motorized Access
By Pat Bradley
Ray Brook, NY – The Adirondack Park Agency is proposing the reclassification of about 32-thousand acres of public land in the Adirondacks to allow some snowmobile and a-t-v use. The Adirondack Council is opposed to parts of the plan, saying a-t-v's have already damaged sensitive areas. But proponents say motorized access is critical for the economy of many small towns.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.