Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu August 18, 2005
Adirondack Land Reclassification May Allow Motorized Access
By Pat Bradley
Ray Brook, NY – The Adirondack Park Agency is proposing the reclassification of about 32-thousand acres of public land in the Adirondacks to allow some snowmobile and a-t-v use. The Adirondack Council is opposed to parts of the plan, saying a-t-v's have already damaged sensitive areas. But proponents say motorized access is critical for the economy of many small towns.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.