Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Thu August 18, 2005
Adirondack Land Reclassification May Allow Motorized Access
By Pat Bradley
Ray Brook, NY – The Adirondack Park Agency is proposing the reclassification of about 32-thousand acres of public land in the Adirondacks to allow some snowmobile and a-t-v use. The Adirondack Council is opposed to parts of the plan, saying a-t-v's have already damaged sensitive areas. But proponents say motorized access is critical for the economy of many small towns.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.