Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Fri June 13, 2014
Adrian Thomas Acquitted Of Killing Infant Son After Second Trial
A case that began 6 years ago has ended in an acquittal. The Times Union reports that jurors deliberated for about seven hours over two days in a Rensselaer County courtroom before acquitting Adrian Thomas yesterday of killing his infant son. Prosecutors argued that Thomas threw his 4-month-old son, Matthew Dante Thomas, onto a bed in frustration, causing trauma and death on September 23rd, 2008.