Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue November 13, 2012
Adventures of a One-Breasted Woman
Susan Cummings’s surgeon proclaimed to her a few weeks after her mastectomy, “You’re cured now, that’s it.” But, that wasn’t it by a long shot for Cummings, who has just written a memoir about her first six years after treatment for early-stage breast cancer.
She writes about being a struggling New York actress and wrangles with her fear of more cancer and shame of her altered body.
Susan Cummings is a writer and a twenty-year survivor of early-stage breast cancer. Once a newspaper reporter, she has since been published in a number of literary journals. Her new book is Adventures of a One-Breasted Woman: Reclaiming My Moxie After Cancer .
Commentary & Opinion