Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Tue November 13, 2012
Adventures of a One-Breasted Woman
Susan Cummings’s surgeon proclaimed to her a few weeks after her mastectomy, “You’re cured now, that’s it.” But, that wasn’t it by a long shot for Cummings, who has just written a memoir about her first six years after treatment for early-stage breast cancer.
She writes about being a struggling New York actress and wrangles with her fear of more cancer and shame of her altered body.
Susan Cummings is a writer and a twenty-year survivor of early-stage breast cancer. Once a newspaper reporter, she has since been published in a number of literary journals. Her new book is Adventures of a One-Breasted Woman: Reclaiming My Moxie After Cancer .
Commentary & Opinion