Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Mon May 13, 2013
Advocates For NY Farmworkers Plan Rally In Albany
Advocates for farmworkers in New York are planning a rally at the state Capitol.
People will gather this afternoon outside the Capitol to call for passage of legislation that would extend labor rights and protections for workers on New York farms.
Provisions of the Farmworkers Fair Labor Practices Act would grant collective bargaining rights to farm laborers along with new rights to earn overtime pay.
Some farmers who oppose the bill say it would increase costs in an already financially perilous business.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.