Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Wed November 22, 2006
After Cuts, MA Mental Hospitals May Turn Away New Patients
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – Starting Wednesday, state-run psychiatric hospitals in Massachusetts will stop admitting new patients. That's because the state Department of Mental Health says Governor Mitt Romney's last minute budget cuts will eliminate staff positions and put a strain on the system. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.