Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Wed November 22, 2006
After Cuts, MA Mental Hospitals May Turn Away New Patients
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – Starting Wednesday, state-run psychiatric hospitals in Massachusetts will stop admitting new patients. That's because the state Department of Mental Health says Governor Mitt Romney's last minute budget cuts will eliminate staff positions and put a strain on the system. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.