Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Thu November 1, 2012
AG Candidate McMullen Asks for Quick Court Review
Republican Attorney General candidate Jack McMullen is accusing former Governor Howard Dean of being the conduit in illegal coordination between the campaign of Attorney General Bill Sorrell and a super PAC.
McMullen says Dean was on both sides of the equation by serving as a consultant to Sorrell's primary campaign against T.J. Donovan and by narrating TV and radio ads for a purportedly independent PAC, the Committee for Justice and Fairness, that supported Sorrell.
Calls to Dean at his home and through an aide produced no immediate response.
McMullen has asked a court to rule on the matter, but a Chittenden Superior Court judge says he can't hold a hearing until Nov. 8th, two days after the election.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.