Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed December 31, 2003
AG Report: Telemarketers Pocket Lots of Charity Dough
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York's Attorney General has put out his annual report on the fund-raising activities of non-profit corporations. The findings show less than one-third of the money raised by professional telemarketing campaigns actually goes to the charities. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.