Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
WAMC New York News
Tue May 31, 2005
Agencies Request Info On Adirondack Redevelopment Project
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – Preserve Associates has filed an application with the Adirondack Park Agency to redevelop the Big Tupper Ski Area, in the middle of the Adirondack Park. It would include a new base lodge, and subdivide almost 6-thousand acres with condo/hotel units, great-camp type lots, an inn, restaurant, multiple and single family homes and a marina.
On May 23rd, the Adirondack Park Agency sent a letter to the developers indicating their application was incomplete. The New York State DEC sent a similar letter two days later. The two letters will delay the project a couple months, but it's a request and delay that developers and opponents say is standard operating procedure by the agencies and not unexpected.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.