Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue May 31, 2005
Agencies Request Info On Adirondack Redevelopment Project
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – Preserve Associates has filed an application with the Adirondack Park Agency to redevelop the Big Tupper Ski Area, in the middle of the Adirondack Park. It would include a new base lodge, and subdivide almost 6-thousand acres with condo/hotel units, great-camp type lots, an inn, restaurant, multiple and single family homes and a marina.
On May 23rd, the Adirondack Park Agency sent a letter to the developers indicating their application was incomplete. The New York State DEC sent a similar letter two days later. The two letters will delay the project a couple months, but it's a request and delay that developers and opponents say is standard operating procedure by the agencies and not unexpected.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.