Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu December 15, 2005
Agreement on Regional Carbon Dioxide Emissions Pact Stalled
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Three New England states involved in a landmark multi-state agreement to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the northeast have blocked implementation of the plan. The states are balking because of concerns about its potential effect on energy prices. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.