Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Tue May 7, 2013
Agri-Mark Dairy Co-op to Consolidate Vermont Offices
The Agri-Mark Inc. dairy cooperative is planning to consolidate its Vermont operations and buy and renovate an industrial building in Waitsfield.
The co-op is going to pay $2.8 million to buy and renovate the 28,000-square-foot building formerly owned by Northern Power Systems.
The Vermont Economic Development Authority is providing a $2 million loan.
Agri-Mark spokesman Douglas DiMento tells the Times Argus the purchase will allow the co-op's Cabot operations to consolidate leased space in Montpelier, Burlington and Cabot to Waitsfield.
Agri-Mark has 599 workers in Vermont and DiMento says between 80 and 100 workers would relocate to Waitsfield.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.