Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Tue May 7, 2013
Agri-Mark Dairy Co-op to Consolidate Vermont Offices
The Agri-Mark Inc. dairy cooperative is planning to consolidate its Vermont operations and buy and renovate an industrial building in Waitsfield.
The co-op is going to pay $2.8 million to buy and renovate the 28,000-square-foot building formerly owned by Northern Power Systems.
The Vermont Economic Development Authority is providing a $2 million loan.
Agri-Mark spokesman Douglas DiMento tells the Times Argus the purchase will allow the co-op's Cabot operations to consolidate leased space in Montpelier, Burlington and Cabot to Waitsfield.
Agri-Mark has 599 workers in Vermont and DiMento says between 80 and 100 workers would relocate to Waitsfield.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.