Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu December 18, 2003
AG's Meet with Hollywood Execs to Discuss Film Smoking
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Attorneys-general from across the country are trying to persuade Hollywood to reduce the amount of smoking in films. The AG's from Vermont, Connecticut and Utah met with film-makers yesterday to discuss their concerns that the increased presence of cigarettes is leading to higher youth smoking rates. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley filed this report.